Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Week Prior To Departure

  The time seemed to be going at lightning speed. We had but a few days together left.
  D had to acquaint himself with the new video camera. Thank goodness for Steve Wargo as he was the one who recommended it and was able to give D a Camera Handling 101 crash course.
  D packed his garbage bags of clothing and a duffle bag of equipment and personal items. As he sat on the floor in our bedroom he said, "I'm going back pretty much with what I came here with." I was able to film him while he was packing and asked him some questions on camera. It was extremely emotional for him. He was so looking forward to getting back to Canada to settle this once and for all yet he was leaving his family and his home for an undetermined amount of time. The scene was raw. I recall fighting back my tears and saying, "Baby I would hug you right now but I can't because I'm filming you." He understood that this type of footage was critical for the film.
  That afternoon on March 26th we had a gathering of close friends and family here to send D off on his quest with love and an abundance of great energy. I interviewed several of them on camera. Steve gave me a crash course. Our friends were asked 2 questions and in their answers, every single one had nothing but kind words to say about their friend D. I was so proud and so thankful for all of these admirable folks.
  We had so much love all around us. A few friends also wrote letters describing D and what he meant to them. He had touched so many by just BEING himself.
 
PLEASE check out our resource links in the TOP RIGHT hand corner. These resources will include both Parent Alienation/Syndrome information as well as support for divorced families.

No comments:

Post a Comment