Sunday, May 8, 2011

D Hits The Road

  On March 28th, 2011 my father's vehicle was packed to the roof. He had offered to drive D to Canada. He and his fiancee were in AZ for the winter months and were heading back home. I felt good that D would be traveling with my dad as I knew there would be much conversation and support all along the 3 day trip. I also was very confident that my father would remain very calm while crossing the border no matter what would develop.
  My father and Solange were sad for me as I would be alone here. They gave me a big hug each. They had tears in their eyes. D and I hugged very tightly and told each other to stay strong. The man I was waving goodbye to was embarking on a journey that would be a part of his freedom.
  D was the most kind, gentle and generous man I had ever known. He was a friend, a confidante, and a partner in life. I supported him in his endeavor.
  He was a man of honor. I would miss him tremendously.

PLEASE check out our resource links in the TOP RIGHT hand corner. These resources will include both Parent Alienation/Syndrome information as well as support for divorced families.

No comments:

Post a Comment