Saturday, May 14, 2011

An Unexpected Call

  Several days after D had been gone, the phone rang. A man was asking for D by his first and last name. His identity was suspect. I quickly said that there was no DM here. The fellow again said, "So there is no DM at this number?" He was very professional and sounded a little surprised in his tone.
  That is when I decided to ask, "Who is calling?"
  The voice said, "Mel Feit. D emailed me a while back and left this number to call him. He said he was doing a documentary and wanted to talk with me."
  I could not believe my ears. Mel Feit was calling our house. We had seen him advocate for divorced parents on television and had seen him on interviews about PAS. He is the Executive Director of the National Center for Men. Most of his clients happened to be male but he had advocated for women as well.
  Mel and I spoke for a few minutes and I took down his number. I told him that D would get back to him as he was in Canada.
  D had contacted Mel by email a while back. Wow! I was so proud of him at that moment. To have Mel Feit involved at some level in the documentary would be fantastic.
  I called D immediately with the information. We were both very pleased at how it was all unfolding.

PLEASE check out our resource links in the TOP RIGHT hand corner. These resources will include both Parent Alienation/Syndrome information as well as support for divorced families.

No comments:

Post a Comment