Monday, May 9, 2011

The Crossing

  It was not until the 3rd day of traveling that I was starting to feel some slight anxiety. I kept busy. D had called me every night along the way. He told me that he was several miles from home when his overwhelming emotions finally settled the day he had left our home. Outwardly I did not witness that. He was trying to keep it together.
  He was in Grand Forks on Wednesday night and they needed to tie up a few loose ends before crossing the border the next morning at about 1000.  They wanted to cross early should calls need to be made to the Canadian Consulate or family etc.
 On March 30th I had sent a text and email out to everyone here I could think of that would put out energy, love, good thoughts, prayers and whatever else to D as he crossed. I remember writing something to the effect of, "Let's propel him across."
  I can still feel today, what I felt then, as I received a call to my cell phone that he was in Canada and still in the car with my father.
  I called his brother, his sister and his mother.
  This felt promising.
 
PLEASE check out our resource links in the TOP RIGHT hand corner. These resources will include both Parent Alienation/Syndrome information as well as support for divorced families.

No comments:

Post a Comment