Sunday, May 8, 2011

From The Heart Of One Young Man

  We had been friends with the Adams family for 10 years. Their son was my son Stephan's age. We'd spent quite a bit of time together over the years. Once he found out that his mother was writing a letter, Devin wrote one without being asked. Here is what he wrote:

3/25/11
To whom it may concern,
I have had the privilege to have known D now for eleven years, the better half of my life at twenty-one years of age. Aside from being overly caring, he has shown my family nothing but the utmost love and dedication throughout the years. D is always willing to help with anything and everything my family needs and I will always be in debt for the help he has especially given to my elderly grandparents who could not have had their dream house without his helping hands. With his optimistic, can-do attitude I am convinced that he is capable of anything he sets his mind to and people rally behind this man’s confidence and wisdom he has accumulated throughout his experiences. With patient, firm hands I have seen him build things and solve problems and build masterpieces from the ground up from just an idea and some unbreakable work ethic. I have always seen D put others needs before his own as a truly selfless person. There was a moment in my life growing up when I was in a bit of a rough patch and D must have known because he came up to me and in a comforting voice spoke “If you ever need someone to be there especially sometimes when your family can be too close to the situation you know I will always be there”. That is the moment I think of when I hear his name amongst other fond memories, and it has always been a blanket of security I can keep with me. He is the most dependable person I know and if he has proven anything to me through example in my life it is that he will always be there even if I never call in the favor. I love and respect D with all of my heart and I would do anything for him, as I know he would say the same for me.
Sincerely,
Devin Adams.


PLEASE check out our resource links in the TOP RIGHT hand corner. These resources will include both Parent Alienation/Syndrome information as well as support for divorced families.

No comments:

Post a Comment