Sunday, May 22, 2011

The Inaccurate Document

  All of our federal returns were done correctly and filed as they should have been each and every year. This was not the problem. It was the document that accompanied the returns. This was a key item for D up in Canada.
  I sent an email to my CPA, David the moment I discovered this in the morning on the 11th. He responded in the late afternoon near 1600 with the following:

"Hi B, I have briefly looked at 2009 return based on your questions.  It looks as though we were not as consistent as we should have been with “XYZ” notations on "XYZ"...etc, etc"

  I will not disclose the exact details at this time in order to protect the case as it unfolds. I will reveal all of the information at a later date.

  That was an understatement.  David and I went back and forth via email as he was going to take "the week" to review everything in order to see what was needed. We did not have the luxury of time. I stressed the urgency and with his approval and his assistant Emily's due diligence and persistence over the next 2 days, we had all of the corrected documents uploaded from their website as well as a copy of the 2007 return.
  I went to the mailbox and all of our IRS transcripts arrived. I was not certain what they would show.
  The transcripts were a beautiful sight to my eyes. They were accurate and they reflected the same figures as on our returns. Relief at last!! What a weight lefted from my whole body.

  PLEASE check out our resource links in the TOP RIGHT hand corner. These resources will include both Parent Alienation/Syndrome information as well as support for divorced families. Become a follower as this will help us grow our audience.

1 comment:

  1. Nothing more powerful than B on a mission. It is sad when we pay others to do things and expect them done correctly due to the cost only to find the outcome not so when time is of the eccense. Things work out though as so many are always putting out the positives for the two of you! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete