Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Dreaded Tax Returns

  I had spent Mother's Day weekend attempting to locate all of our tax returns from 2001 through 2009. Our 2010 taxes were not yet completed. They would not be until October most likely. This was typical.
  I managed to find all returns except 2006 and 2007. I kept looking for those as well as a few other documents that D needed. Between all of my client papers and business papers, I had boxes and boxes of files to go through. This would take several days.
  By May 11th I had only the 2007 tax return to locate.  I was feeling pretty good and knew we could get a copy of that return from our CPA so I started going through the paperwork year by year.  My heart sank when I got to the end of the first return which was 2009. There was one specific document of importance to me and the figures were not accurate. I will not disclose the exact deatails at this time in order to protect the case as it unfolds. I will reveal all of the information at a later date.What a major road block. I was burning daylight and all I could focus on was getting those documents to D on time to file for the May 24th court date.
  I leafed through the other returns and the error was on every document of every year.   Why did not matter. What to do now did!
  Think, think, think B!

 PLEASE check out our resource links in the TOP RIGHT hand corner. These resources will include both Parent Alienation/Syndrome information as well as support for divorced families. Become a follower as this will help us grow our audience.

1 comment:

  1. And think you did! You are wonderful as well as D! Great things come to great people. It sad when one individual can not seek those things inside them that make them so unhappy and must continue to make others pay for it. Only the children suffer in the end! Many blessings to all of you!

    ReplyDelete