Monday, May 16, 2011

Krista's Expertise

  By mid afternoon Krista had called me to let me know that D would be released later that day. Unbelievable! I didn't know all of the details that led up to this decision but I was so grateful to her. Kudos!
  She filled me in on all of the particulars of the 10 mins court hearing earlier that morning. D had done a very good job of representing himself. She was very proud of him. She stated he was a little choked up when he spoke of his children but that he paused and continued without difficulty.
  We spoke about several things and I enjoyed connecting with her. We discussed what the courts were asking for. I would need to gather up all of our tax returns from the past 10 years and get some type of "notice of assessment" from the IRS. No problem. Whatever they needed I would get. Krista and D would work on what they needed on their end.
  Krista had some concerns about our tax returns having been filed jointly. I reassured her that she needed to not worry because D owned nothing, had no bank accounts, had no investments, had never borrowed any money nor did he ever have a credit card. Nothing was in his name. He was never able to acquire anything requiring financing as he had no credit due to the lien placed on it years ago. There was nothing to hide. His assets were $0.00.
  Krista stated, "You're lying, he does own a utility trailer worth $100.00." We laughed because this was in fact the only material item that D owned. I had forgotten that crucial tidbit of information.
  Laughter is good medicine. It is natural.
  Naturally she was concerned about her brother. They loved each other quite a bit. D called her "kiddo" for years. He had always felt very protective of her as his "little" sister. I reassured her that D was in a great place. He was the strongest he had ever been and that no matter what would happen, he would be just fine. He was ready.
 
  PLEASE check out our resource links in the TOP RIGHT hand corner. These resources will include both Parent Alienation/Syndrome information as well as support for divorced families. Become a follower as this will help us grow our audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment