Monday, May 16, 2011

Motion Court Day...Jail?

  Well Tuesday, May 3rd 2011 had arrived. Motion Court 0900 Winnipeg time.
  I had solicited support once again from our friends out here. I was so grateful for all of them. Their well wishes meant so much to us both.
  D and I had a plan that if he was taken to jail, his brother would let me know what happened and all of D's belongings would be in Steve's possession.
  It was going on nearly 2 hours and I had heard nothing. My heart was beating a little faster and my mind started wandering. Then my home phone rang. The caller ID read Steve's phone number. I answered...nothing at the other end. I called the number back...dead. I tried several times, the phone rang several times, but everytime...nothing. 
  I decided to try my cell phone and called Steve's phone.  It went straight to voicemail a few times. That was a long few minutes.
  Finally we connected. Steve stated that once near the courtroom, Sharon pointed to D and was overheard by Steve saying something to the effect of, "That's him. You need to arrest him. He has a warrant." D was handcuffed and shackled and faced the judge this way.
  D instructed Steve to get some pictures and he did so. He was told by the Sheriff that he could not take photos. Steve was successful at getting at least one pretty good one. I was so proud that he had the courage to do this. He also was taking some written notes for D. His entire family was there for him.
  Steve shared a few details of what had happened but he was still at the courthouse and the reception was poor so we only spoke a few minutes.
  My heart sank once I was alone with my thoughts and feelings. I was expecting this but there was no way I could have been fully prepared. I stayed strong and focused on the quest in front of us.
  I informed all of our friends and the boys. This was a leap forward and I felt it.

PLEASE check out our resource links in the TOP RIGHT hand corner. These resources will include both Parent Alienation/Syndrome information as well as support for divorced families. Become a follower as this will help us grow our audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment