Thursday, May 19, 2011

Gathering Of The Documents...Ugh!

 There was no getting away from this mountain of paperwork ahead of me. D needed the docs and I needed to get them to him ASAP. He needed them the week of May 17th, 2011. The docs needed to be filed with the Court prior to his May 24th court date. First things first...the documents from the IRS.
  I called several numbers at DES and Child Support Services here in AZ to find out what they would require of a parent from the IRS for proof of income. The answer was nothing but the last 2 years tax returns or pay stubs.
  I called our IRS to find out about this "notice of assessment" that was requested from the Court in Canada. It was a letter of sorts that would state something such as the taxes had been done for the past 10 years and that they had been filed accurately. After  numerous calls to different IRS departments, I came to find out that no such letter would ever exist as the IRS had no Statute of Limitations on Tax Fraud per the Publication 17 Tax Guide 2010. OK!
  The fellow I was speaking to in the Advanced Accounts Department with the IRS was so congenial. He informed me that one could request a 4506T Form in order to have the financial status of one's returns retrieved from the database (called an account transcript). Great! I asked if I could download it from the IRS site and he said, "No." He went on to say that it could be requested by phone (the form) and it would be mailed out to my home. Once filled out and sent, I'd have to allow 30 days for the IRS to send me the transcripts. I was shaking my head as he spoke. This would NOT be ok. I certainly wasn't shocked by this news. After all, this was the government I was dealing with. This guy must have sensed my desperation when I said, "Oh my. I really don't have that kind of time. Yes, please send me the form."  What happened next was "the flow" moving in the right direction. It was actually incredible! I was so grateful.
  This wonderful man I was speaking with said, "Well let me see if I can pull it up while we're on the phone. Do you have a few minutes...because I will have to put you on hold while the transcripts upload. I can't guarantee you anything but let's give it a try. I will put in the request and we'll see what happens ok? This is all done electronically."
  Hell yes I had a few minutes. I could not believe my ears. This was a great human being I happened upon that day. He came back on the line once or twice as the transcripts were uploading to check in and at the end he confirmed that all 9 years had uploaded successfully and would be sent out immediately. I should get them in 7-10 days. I expressed my gratitude to him and bid him a fantastic day.
  I am shaking my head in disbelief as I write now. I will not question why this happened. I was and am so thankful!
  Tackling our tax returns would be next. It was already the end of the week since Tuesday's Court date. Time was flying!

  PLEASE check out our resource links in the TOP RIGHT hand corner. These resources will include both Parent Alienation/Syndrome information as well as support for divorced families. Become a follower as this will help us grow our audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment