Friday, May 20, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

   Later in the morning of May 7th I was engaged in many tasks. Kyle did come home at about 0830. He called me out to the back yard appearing very worried. I was not sure what to expect due to the exciting morning I'd already had. What could be out back?
  It was a dozen red roses and the most beautiful card. Kyle said, "Happy Mother's Day Mom." It was such a warm moment and I soaked it up. It was the perfect timing. I gave him such a big hug. I actually turned on my AC unit in order to keep the roses from wilting as it was about 83 degrees in the house.
   The following day was Mother's Day. I had a great Sunday but the BEST thing of all was taking my boys out for coffee. I wanted to spend an hour or two just "shootin the shit" with them. Amber joined us as well. She is Stephan's girlfriend. I was glad to be with all of them.
  We did exactly that. We laughed and we talked about our trip to Canada. All of us were looking forward to it...to having the whole clan together again. I expressed to both boys that they had each enriched my life enormously by being who they were. They had taught me so much. I appreciated their individuality and their fervor. I wanted them to know that I supported them in their growth. They did not belong to me. I brought them into the world as two beautiful beings. I viewed them as such.  It was so important to me that they know I did not have any expectations of them. I only desired that they be true to who they were and follow their paths as they chose. I love them so much.
  We were there about two hours at the Solo Cafe in Tempe, AZ. It was sunny, breezy and we sat outside in the shade. It was all so perfect!

  PLEASE check out our resource links in the TOP RIGHT hand corner. These resources will include both Parent Alienation/Syndrome information as well as support for divorced families. Become a follower as this will help us grow our audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment