Friday, October 21, 2011

A Day To Remember...Locating My Son A

Oct. 4th, 2011

  I was driving over to my cousin’s place in hopes of seeing my son A. He lives a couple of streets past my cousin’s home. I almost didn’t believe my eyes, he drove right by me. I was so shocked I almost didn’t know what to do. I wheeled my vehicle around and followed him still not 100% sure it was him. At the first red light I was close enough to tell that it was in fact my Son A. We kept driving down the road. As we did, I was thinking of what the heck I would say to him or what worried me worse was what he might say to me. I missed a light at a mall and he drove on ahead of me. I was almost ready to drive through the red light, but I didn’t. I sped up to try and catch up to him. I checked the first lot in the back of the mall and then the second. My heart sank I thought I had missed my one chance in seven months in Winnipeg to make contact with the son I had not seen in over twelve years. I was originally in that area to get more minutes on my Manitoba cell phone. I decided that I must have lost my chance and would just get my business taken care of. To my surprise there was A’s car in the lot. I pulled into the nearest available spot and parked. I rushed to the mall entrance to see if I could see him. When I walked by his car I noticed that he was still in the car. I was a little afraid to look over at him for too long. I went into the mall and got my minutes, which I did faster than ever before. I watched the mall doors to see if he was coming in. He wasn't. I was done my business and walked out thinking he drove off. He was still there and I paused momentarily and said to myself I may never get this opportunity again so off I went.

  Remember D's posts are in GREEN. PLEASE check out our resource links in the TOP RIGHT hand corner. These resources will include both Parent Alienation/Syndrome information as well as support for divorced families. Become a follower as this will help us grow our audience. .

No comments:

Post a Comment