Saturday, April 9, 2011

D's Vacation to the USA.

Once back home I found myself missing D quite a bit. I had a great job, good friends and loved being the mom to my two imaginative, healthy boys. I loved my life and was unsure how it would unfold with us living countries apart. D flew in to see us for two weeks on August 21st, 1999.
  He volunteered at the school I worked at, we took a road trip to Vegas, he met some friends of ours and we spent endless hours swimming and playing in our community pool with the boys. We wanted a future together. No concrete plans were made yet on how that would be made possible. We would enjoy what we had.
  I had joint custody of the boys but they were with me full time. Their father Paul lived within a mile of them...however was on a different path in life than we were. Our home was always open to him and I knew he loved his children tremendously. I welcomed him when I saw him and respect for one another was key. We both honored our children and wanted their world to be as painless as was possible in a divorced situation. I loved him as their father and as a person. I wanted a good life for him as well.
  I informed Paul back in June that I had met someone and that I was in a relationship with this person. It was important to me that he meet the person that had been and would be spending time with his children. They did meet. We were all respectful of each other and spent a little time together. The boys' emotional and psychological wellbeing was my absolute priority. I believed we were all on the same page as far as that was concerned. I was truly grateful for how Paul handled the news. He placed his children ahead of himself. I am grateful to this day.
 The vacation for D came to an end and we found ourselves 2000 miles apart once again.

PLEASE check out our resource links in the TOP RIGHT hand corner. These resources will include both Parent Alienation/Syndrome information as well as support for divorced families.

No comments:

Post a Comment