Monday, December 26, 2011

More Web Weaving!

   In what I thought was the right process of the court,  I had asked both my Mom and my Auntie Diane to file affidavits to corroborate my affidavit regarding Sharon's manipulation of the courts and her continuous alienation of my children from their family. These affidavits were filed by the beginning of November 2011. Sharon had continued to be letigious over the many years. She had been awarded a Protection Order against my Mom for hugging my son A at his school when he was a young boy. She had asked A if she could hug him and he had replied "yes". My Aunt had had an encounter with Sharon that same evening at the school Christmas Program. Sharon had whispered in her ear from behind. Sharon mentioned that she would make certain that this (the hugging incident) would never happen again. I don't know the exact language used and am summarizing. 
  Again, the other side put forth a motion to Expunge both of these affidavits and be awarded costs in one lump sum to be paid immediately. This time I knew what to do as far as court process.  Things didn't go as well as the first time. The new Master Expunged both affidavits and awarded costs to be determined by the trial Judge in January. This is the trial I have been waiting for since I came to Canada.
  I got through this one by the skin of my teeth. Their affidavits had been filed too late and should have been filed with my affidavit in October 2011. At least my trial would not be delayed. All in learning the system as I represent myself.
  So back to the beginning.
  I called Sharon's lawyer to see when we should do the cross examination (Discovery). She stated we had a problem as she would be in court all week and would have to get back to me after she talked to her client Sharon. I got a call back in a couple of days and I agreed to not do the cross examination for discovery to be able to keep the Trial date of Jan 17, 2012. Now mid December, we would not have enough time to fully complete discovery with transcripts being done, and meeting filing dates etc.
  I spent a couple of weeks at the court house checking out family court trials and doing research on case law. Yuk!  Anyway, I never saw Sharon's lawyer once in that time, nor was she ever listed on any dockets I looked at while there. 
  This is only a very small part of the family court system and how it spins the web.

  Remember D's posts are in GREEN. PLEASE check out our resource links in the TOP RIGHT hand corner. These resources will include both Parent Alienation/Syndrome information as well as support for divorced families. Become a follower as this will help us grow our audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment