Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Next Decade

  D and I have been married 10 years. Ten fabulous years. Ten years without his children being a part of our wonderful family. Ten years knowing what would eventually be ahead. We made our choices and we were very aware. D started the process of this quest we would find ourselves on.
  I went to Canada in mid January, 2011 to visit with my family for a late Holiday. When I came back I knew he was ready to face this challenge. We were sitting on the couch catching up. We loved spending time with each other. I could be anywhere on this beautiful planet and feel absolute happiness. Having D by my side would make it perfect!
  D had actually tried to get the legal ball rolling with Reagan back in the fall of 2010. He had instructed D to fax the totals of the past 10 years of earnings and he did. Reagan was not heard from again despite several calls and voicemails left for him by D.
  D's sister K offered to help him in the new year. She was an attourney new to family law. She asked for his last 10 years of tax returns. He expressed to me that he told K he did not have his taxes from the past 10 years. K went on to tell him that this would not look good to the courts. As I sat looking at him I asked, "You lied to your sister?" His response was, "Yes." I repeated the question again and it was the same answer. My facial expression, I am certain, was one of disbelief. I went on to say, "I can't believe you lied to your sister. Why are you lying? Don't lie. That is not you." He replied with such conviction, "It's not that I want to lie, I just didn't want to discuss it with her. I am sick and tired of being asked to provide documents to the courts and everytime I do they are used against me. I'm not doing it anymore. I'm not giving them my tax returns. Sharon was asked to provide all kinds of financials and never did. Nothing was ever enforced and mine were always used against me."
  I had never heard him speak like that. I knew he was in a place of strength and he was mentally prepared for the task that lay before him. I told him I supported him 100% in whatever he needed to do to put this all behind him.

PLEASE check out our resource links in the TOP RIGHT hand corner. These resources will include both Parent Alienation/Syndrome information as well as support for divorced families.

No comments:

Post a Comment