Thursday, August 9, 2012

Dad and Solange...The "Transport" Team!

  Well my father Fern and his partner Solange (now wife since May 2011) were here in AZ in the winter of 2011. They had been here in early January with us and then went on to stay in Yuma. We visited them in Yuma and then they came to stay with us here in Phoenix prior to heading back to Canada. My father had offered to take Denis to Canada knowing the risks of his possible arrest and being held up at the Canadian Border.  
  Needless to say they got through without a hitch. There was no one I trusted more to stay calm and to transmit that to Denis. They had 3 travel days to prepare.  Once in Canada, Dad and Solange saw Denis regularly for coffee or dinner etc.
 Our entire family went fishing in the Whiteshell after his wedding in May 2011. Dad paid for the fishing trip. We had a blast. 4 fun filled days in cottages and in the boat on the water fishing. Anita (my cousin), Bruno (my cousin), Stephan (my son), Amber (his girlfriend), Kyle (my son), Gil (my brother), Dad, Solange, Gaylynn (my sisiter in law), her boys C and M, myself and Denis. Dan (my brother) was working. What a beautiful gift...time with people you love.
   Denis had been gone for 9 mos and his trial date was fast approaching. My Dad and Solange made it back here to our home for New Year's Eve. We all created a fabulous meal with the kids. They stayed with me for one month and thank goodness as there were some difficult moments during January 2011.
  They found a cozy motel location about 2 miles from my home. They were there 2 mos. I had dinner with them twice a week there and a few gatherings at my house in between. We went hiking and walking and shopping. They listened to me "tell the tale" so many times with new twists and turns. They were interested and wanted to be current on the goings on. I so recognize the worth of their presence during this time.
  In no time the one year anniversary of Denis being gone was upon us.
  By July 25th, 2012, he had been gone 16 mos and my father was bringing him back across on the USA side this time. The risks of being arrested for the "previous" outstanding warrant in AZ was present despite the new order. Having a Border Patrol Officer give him some trouble about how long he had been in Canada was possible as well. Every personality is a gamble.
  Again...there was no one more fit for this "transport' but my dad. He stated he was bringing his son in law to the airport to fly back home. Denis told him he had been in Canada a few months visiting family and taking care of some personal business.
  They were waived on through!!!!!
  Denis sent me a text that he was across and when I picked that up on my phone I let out a yell...Woooooooohoooooooo!...I was so ecstatic. I felt as though I were floating... I kid you not! He was coming home...
  I booked his flight as soon as I could for the next day. They all spent the night in Grand Forks and shared a magnificent "happy hour".
  Thank you Dad and Solange!
  PLEASE check out our resource links in the TOP RIGHT hand corner. These resources will include both Parent Alienation/Syndrome information as well as support for divorced families. Become a follower as this will help us grow our audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment