Saturday, October 29, 2011

D Could Not Be Nabbed Over The Wires...

  On Oct 27th, 2011 I was talking with D early in the morning as he had hit a rough patch.  He had not been feeling very well and the sleep he had been getting was less than adequate. His emotions were raw.
  He missed his children so much. He thought about them daily. He was constantly thinking about what he would say to them and how he would say it when and if he ever saw them again. He was in tears on the phone. He had to release what he felt.
  We chatted for a while and then there was a knock at my front door. I told D to hold on.  I opened the door and there were the Sherriff's boys looking at me.
  I started with "Hi. Same guys." The one fellow said, "Yeah is DM here?" I responded with, "Guys he's still in Canada. This is him on the phone. I'm talking to him in Canada. He's going to be there until next year." D was hearing all of it. The dialogue went back and forth a minute or two and the officer was very cordial. I was warned of a sweep that was being done this weekend.
  Their demeanor was completely different this time around. They parked in front of the house across the street rather than down the block. They came in day light rather than 0500 and the officer was leaning against my doorway in a casual fashion. They did not ask to come in to take a look and they did not ask twice for DM.
  It actually felt like they acted with their hearts this time and believed me instantly. That meant something to me. It truly did. There was a connection.

  PLEASE check out our resource links in the TOP RIGHT hand corner. These resources will include both Parent Alienation/Syndrome information as well as support for divorced families. Become a follower as this will help us grow our audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment