Thursday, April 21, 2011

Another Blow

  We knew the fire was on our tail at this point. We considered ourselves extremely grateful for the gift of time that we had been given. We felt it inevitable...the battle would have to be picked up from where it left off 11 years prior.
  I was at the gym in the middle of a workout one day in September when my trainer Don said, "it's D, he needs to talk to you, says it's urgent." D never called me at the gym. He asked me to come home immediately and we would discuss it when I arrived.
  Once in the house I noticed D was pacing back and forth in the hallway. I asked my son Kyle what was going on and he replied he did not know but that he had never seen D like that before.
  Our bank accounts had been completely emptied but a few hundred dollars. This was done by DES. It was all child/spousal support related.
  I happened to be the strong one on this day and D was discomposed. He felt ill by what had happened and felt responsible.  I was not pointing fingers and reassured him that we would figure it out. I was not surprised really. Nor was he. We were cognizant of the approaching heat. This would not be a smooth road.
  Both of us kicked it into high gear, we made several calls, set up an appointment with a family attourney I knew, called DES and our bank. Within a few days we managed to negotiate getting 50% of the money back and 50% went on to Canada. Needless to say we changed our bank accounts so that DES could never access my accounts again.
  Strategic planning would be necessary moving forward. D would get the legal ball rolling as the "sleeping dog" had awakened.

PLEASE check out our resource links in the TOP RIGHT hand corner. These resources will include both Parent Alienation/Syndrome information as well as support for divorced families.

No comments:

Post a Comment